Free initial consultation
Licensed for 49 years
After the death of a loved one, it’s common for family or close friends to feel bombarded with unforeseen responsibilities and difficult questions regarding the management of the deceased’s estate. At Sweeney Probate Law, I look to relieve the stress and answer questions with a clear, straightforward education in California probate law.
I am William Sweeney, founder and sole practitioner of Sweeney Probate Law. When you reach out to me, I provide you with the legal counsel and friendly, personal service to help you navigate even the most complex probate issues.
A few aspects of my practice that I emphasize include:
• Probate is what I do: Unlike many other firms, I exclusively focus my practice on California probate. Throughout my career, I have handled a variety of practice areas, but have since dedicated myself to helping people efficiently and effectively navigate the probate process.
• I can work with you anytime, anywhere: From my Southern California office, I can work with people across the state and others throughout the country. Many of my clients are from outside the state, looking to resolve probate matters for a loved one who lived or owned property in California. I am happy to work with you over the phone, via Skype or in person. If you live nearby in Temecula, Murrieta or other locations in Southern California, I will come to you.
• You work with me: When you call me, you talk to me. When you meet with me, I’m the person who will sit down with you. I believe in the value of working closely with people, building trust and professional relationships. From start to finish, you will have my full attention as we work together.
Whether you have been named the personal representative and have questions regarding your responsibilities, or are a potential heir and have concerns regarding the validity of the decedent’s will, I will explain how the law applies to your situation, help determine what actions to take, and ultimately reach a resolution.
• Cold War Service Medal
• Honorable Service Medal
• Adjunct Professor, Business Law; San Diego City College, 1972 - 1976
• Adjunct Professor, Business Law; CTI, Columbus, Ohio, 1976 - 1979
• Adjunct professor in MBA program, Business Law; Government and Business; University of Dayton Graduate School Of Business, Dayton, Ohio, 1979 to 1984
• Internal auditor, 1967-1971
• Rohr Industries Inc., Chula Vista California, Staff attorney, 1971-1976
• Grumman Flxible Corp., Delaware, Ohio, General counsel, 1976-1984
• Grumman Corp., Bethpage, New York, Assistant general counsel, 1984-1986Read less
November 30, 2020
Mr. Sweeney and Jennifer were absolutely the best in handling my case and the experience was "paint by numbers". They both have the capability to complete the case in a timely and professional manner, and show compassion and understanding to their c... Read more
Mr. Sweeney and Jennifer were absolutely the best in handling my case and the experience was "paint by numbers". They both have the capability to complete the case in a timely and professional manner, and show compassion and understanding to their clients, and the best interests of the subject Estate. Thanks again for doing a great job. Read less
1972, U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
1975, U.S. Supreme Court
2001, U.S. District Court Central District of California
2004, U.S. District Court District of Hawaii
Class of 1971
Honors: Bancroft Whitney American Jurisprudence award for outstanding course work in the study of wills and trusts
University of San Diego School of Law
Class of 1993
San Bernardino Valley College
Class of 1965
Accounting, Honors: Dean's List; Citrus Belt Chapter, Certified Public Accountants Annual Scholarship; Secretary, Junior College Honor Society of Business and Economics
University of Dayton Graduate School of Business
Class of 1979
University of Redlands
Class of 1967
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.
For your records, a copy of this email has been sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.