Josh Mostyn is a founding Member of Mostyn Prettyman, PLLC.
In 2016, Josh was appointed to a 4-year term on the Arkansas Advisory Committee to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights. He is a past President of the Benton County Bar Association and the current President of the Federalist Society for Law & Public Policy Studies (Northwest Arkansas Lawyers Chapter). Josh has held several leadership positions in professional legal groups and associations.
Josh clerked for the Hon. Brad Karren in the Rogers District Court, as well as in the Legal Department at Tyson Foods, Inc., through Arkansas School of Law’s Corporate Counsel Externship Program. He is also a former legislative extern to Congressman Steve Womack in Arkansas’ 3rd Congressional District.
Josh previously served as the Legislative Director for the Arkansas chapter of National Association of Mortgage Brokers (NAMB), and he was named to the Northwest Arkansas Business Journal’s 40 Under Forty Class of 2008.
He graduated with honors from the University of Arkansas School of Law in Fayetteville and received a W.B. Putman American Inn of Court Pupil Award. Along with law partner Will Prettyman, Josh shared the honor of receiving the 2012 TC & Rosemary Carlson Memorial Award for excellence in the study of Constitutional Law at the University of Arkansas School of Law.
Josh’s practice focuses on Commercial Litigation, Real Estate and Landlord/Tenant Law, and Debt Collection (Plaintiff and Defense). He also handles matters concerning Personal Injury, Employment, and General Litigation.
• Principal Broker License – Arkansas Real Estate Commission
• Certified Mediator – Arkansas Alternative Dispute Resolution Commission
• The Federalist Society for Law & Public Policy Studies (President, NWA Lawyers Chapter)
Pro Bono Activities
• Equal Access to Justice Panel – Legal Aid of Arkansas
• U.S. Commission on Civil Rights (Vice Chair, Arkansas Advisory Committee) 2016-2020
• Watertown – Fourth Amendment Exceptions; YLS in-brief – Arkansas Bar Association
• What Judges Want – YLS in-brief – Arkansas Bar Association
• Mid-South Super Lawyers (by Thomson Reuters), Rising Star – 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
• Arkansas Bar Association (Member)
• Benton County Bar Association (Past President)
• Washington County Bar Association (Member)Read less
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas
U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas
Class of 2012
University of North Texas
Born in 1979
July 3, 1979
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.
For your records, a copy of this email has been sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.