Attorney Thomas Maronick Jr focuses his practice on criminal defense and DUI's, bankruptcy, family law, serious accident and personal injury cases. He also helps business owners with a variety of issues from debt and credit issues to restaurant and retail leases. He and the firm will also partner with other firms to take on serious medical malpractice cases.
He is the recipient of a "Superb" Awo.com rating of over 10.0, and has been awarded the distinction of being of named to the National Trial Lawyers Top 100. He has earned BBB and Lead Counsel accreditations as well as being named one of Annapolis' "40 Finest" in 2013 by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. He was selected in 2014 to The Daily Record's VIP List, recognizing professionals who are "Successful by 40." The award, given out by an independent panel of judges, considers a nominee's professional achievements as well as community work and the extent to which they contribute a positive energy in Maryland before reaching the age of 40.
A 2006 graduate of the University of Baltimore School of Law, Mr. Maronick earned an undergraduate Bachelor's of the Arts from The University of Maryland College Park in Journalism in 2000. A native of Baltimore, MD, Mr. Maronick is proud to have litigated cases in all but three of Maryland's counties across the state. He is licensed in Maryland state end federal courts, the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, and is proudly a member of the US Supreme Court Bar.
Before entering his legal career in earnest, Mr. Maronick worked in the journalism and music fields, and still writes newspaper columns, hosts a weekly radio show, and sings in a jazz band in his spare time.
His motto guides his work for all clients: "Our most important client is each and every client we represent.
• USCA Best of Baltimore Criminal Defense Attorneys List
• Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Annapolis "40 Finest"
• National Trial Lawyers: Top 100
• American Society of Legal Advocates - MD Top 40 Criminal Lawyer Under 40
• Named to 2014 The Daily Record VIP List, recognizing professionals who are "Successful by 40"
• Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating - 4.9 out of 5.0
• Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating - Criminal Law - 5.0 out of 5.0
• "Superb" Awo.com rating of over 10.0
• Super Lawyers ratings (2017 and 2018)
• Irish Outreach Center, Ocean City, MD
• Musicians On Call, Washington, DC
• Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys Association, Active Member, 2010 to Present
• Maryland State Bar Association, Active Member, 2008 to Present
• Baltimore City Bar Association - Bench Bar Committee, Active Member
• National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Active Member
• Baltimore County Bar Association, Active Member
• DC Trial Lawyers Association, Active Member
• The Anne Arundel County Bar Association
• The Harford County Bar Association
• The Baltimore County Bar Association
• The Bar Association of Baltimore City
• The National College of DUI Defense, Active Member
• The Maryland Association for Justice, Active MemberRead less
November 19, 2019
I was 18 years old working my first job and I started making foolish decisions and got arrested. I was charged with 2 Felonies, possibly facing 10 years in prison. Attorney Thomas Maronick understood how remorseful I was and fought to give me a seco... Read more
I was 18 years old working my first job and I started making foolish decisions and got arrested. I was charged with 2 Felonies, possibly facing 10 years in prison. Attorney Thomas Maronick understood how remorseful I was and fought to give me a second chance. Thomas Maronick has given me an opportunity to prove my true character and redeem myself. Thomas Maronick is very familiar and well respected in the Harford County Maryland Courts. He has a top notch working knowledge of the many legal nuisances and expectations of prosecutors and judges alike in Harford County Maryland, which affords his clients the best outcome in their cases. Thomas Maronick skillfully and simultaneously represented two other defendants on the same date of my trial and later that day we all discussed our verdicts and each one of us was very satisfied with the decisions. I highly recommend you hire Thomas Maronick to represent and fight for you in the Harford County Maryland Courts! Read less
2009, U.S. District Court, District Court of Maryland
2010, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
2011, U.S. Supreme Court
Class of 2006
University of Maryland
Class of 2000
Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys Association, Active Member, 2010 to Present
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.
For your records, a copy of this email has been sent to email@example.com.