Free initial consultation
Licensed for 21 years
William A. Rountree represents debtors, creditors, trustees and committees under all Chapters of the Bankruptcy Code, with an emphasis on corporate reorganizations under chapter 11, individual filings under chapter 7 and bankruptcy tax issues. He also represents numerous banks, credit unions and other lenders in bankruptcy cases and related litigation.
Mr. Rountree began his bankruptcy practice in 1999 serving as Law Clerk to the Honorable Steven H. Friedman, former United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Southern District of Florida. After his clerkship, Mr. Rountree returned to Atlanta and practiced for 17 years in the city’s oldest bankruptcy firm. During his career, he has been involved in all aspects of insolvency practice and has been selected numerous times as one of Georgia Trend Magazine’s “Legal Elite” and one of Atlanta Magazine’s “Super Lawyers” in Debtor/Creditor Rights and Bankruptcy.
Mr. Rountree earned his bachelor’s degree from Emory University and his law degree from the University of Florida, where he served on the editorial board of the Journal of Law and Public Policy. He has been published in numerous bar journals, newsletters, and other publications and has lectured at dozens of seminars on bankruptcy, workout and foreclosure issues. He also has served on the Continuing Legal Education Board of Trustees for the Atlanta Bar Association, volunteers regularly for Atlanta Legal Aid, and is an Episcopal vestry member.
Mr. Rountree lives in Atlanta with his wife and three daughters.
• Atlanta Magazine's Super Lawyer
• Georgia Trend Magazine's "Legal Elite"
Classes & Seminars
• Lecturer, “Selected Bankruptcy Issues for the Commercial Real Estate Practitioner,” Atlanta Bar, Real Estate Section, December 2016
• Lecturer, “Chapter 11 Issues for the Consumer Bankruptcy Practitioner,” Metro Atlanta Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys Group November 2016
• Lecturer, “Georgia Foreclosures and Workouts: Ethical Issues,” National Business Institute Seminar August 2011
• Lecturer, “Loan Workouts,” Sterling Education Services Seminar August 2010
• Lecturer, “Selected Bankruptcy Issues for the Accounting Professional,” Georgia Society of CPAs Real Estate Roundtable February 2009
• Lecturer, “Bankruptcy Issues for the Commercial Real Estate Practitioner,” Institute of Continuing Legal Education Seminar September 2008
• Lecturer, “Ethical Issues in Commercial Practice,” Institute of Continuing Legal Education Seminar March 2008
• Lecturer, “Executory Contracts in Bankruptcy,” Creditors’ Rights Seminar February 2004
• Lecturer, “Collection Issues in Bankruptcy,” Sterling Education Services Seminar September 2003
• "The Willful and Malicious Injury Exception to Discharge in Bankruptcy: Just How Narrow Should It Be?", The Florida Bar Journal, October, 1999
• "Selected Bankruptcy Issues for the Family Law Practitioner", The Family Law Review, December, 2016
Fraternities or Sororities
• Phi Delta PhiRead less
2000, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
2001 U.S. District Court, Middle and Southern Districts of Georgia
Class of 1995
Born in 1973
Milledgeville, Georgia, 1973
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.
For your records, a copy of this email has been sent to email@example.com.