what is the motion get my Disability Case Files Transcripts......from a Federal court Judge? How do I Write it? I have filed Pro Se.

Asked on Oct 29th, 2011 on Social Security Disability - Georgia
More details to this question:
Report Abuse
Answered on May 22nd, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Pro Se is not something I would recommend in the setting you are in. Seasoned and experienced lawyers do not always navigate easily amidst the various Federal Court Rules and Local Court Rules. To expect that you can do it I think is a mistake. I do not practice in your jurisdiction and can not speculate what the answer is. I strongly encourage you to seek local counsel to address the specific facts of your particular situation. You would do well to search for the state your case is filed and "Social Security Disability" for type of law. In addition, your local Legal Aid Office, nearby Law School that has a legal clinic, or Pro Se is appropriate for small claims actions when no lawyers are involved. In a Social Security Disability case in Federal District Court, you are up against an experienced Assistant U.S. Attorney. As I suggest to anyone asking me about a criminal case, and going to Court without a lawyer: "If my liberty were at stake, that is, I could end up in jail, I would take a lawyer. You never know what the Judge is going to do." In your case, it sounds as though you are early enough in the proceeding to hire someone, and not make the mistake of trying to do this on your own.   Good luck!

No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters