suspension of social security benefits

Asked on May 17th, 2013 on Social Security - Illinois
Question???---Has the Social Security Admin. ever been challenged on Suspending all monetary benefits for incarcerated citizens??? I just served 3 yrs. in I.D.O.C. When I entered the system in August 2010 my benefits were cut off immediately with no accrual of benefits due and a bill for benefits paid for the month [August] incarcerated. I was 62 at the time and had just started receiving benefits in Dec. 09. This adds up to a significant amount of money, in my case, approx. $60,000.00 dollars. Myself, along with several other incarcerated retirees, would like to join with your Law Firm to challenge SSA on this benefit denial. While incarcerated the bills at home to not stop, plus there is a need for funds while incarcerated, IDOC now charges for doctor visits, most cosmetics etc. Please advise if your firm would be interested in looking into this matter or has information of this decision being previously challenged. I can be reached via email dwj217@sbcglobal.net of 708-401-349
Answered on Jun 08th, 2013 at 3:48 PM
No suit as you have described to my knowledge.  It is the law of the land and it sounds as though it has been properly applied to your circumstances. I respectfully decline your invitation to join in your challenge of SSA.