Someone I know collects disability, claims to be unable to work at all, yet takes a taekwondo class three times a week. Should I report this?

Asked on Sep 02nd, 2011 on Social Security - Morelos
N/A
Answered on Sep 27th, 2011 at 12:08 PM
Let's be clear - we both know that fraud exists in the disability program, and many other government programs.  However, please think long and hard before reporting someone for fraud.  Participating in Taekwondo classes does not equal work. Disabilities can be physical or mental.  Physical disabilities often have a prescription to "exercise as tolerated."  Do you attend the Taekwondo classes?  Does the individual participate fully without pain?  Is the individual's disability physical? Please give this serious consideration before a report is filed.  If you feel you should, first watch this video and then follow this link if you still intend to file the report online or by any of the following methods: U.S. Mail: Social Security Fraud HotlineP.O. Box 17785Baltimore, Maryland 21235 FAX: 410-597-0118 Telephone: 1-800-269-0271 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time TTY: 1-866-501-2101 for the deaf or hard of hearing.