need ss disabilty

Asked on Apr 07th, 2013 on Social Security - Pennsylvania
I was told i can not get disabilty because i have not paid in, in several years. I did pay in many years just not the last 4 or 4 i believe I was severly hurt at work 3 years ago and also am treated for depression
Answered on May 05th, 2013 at 12:29 PM
There are two types of disability benefits available from the Social Security Administration: Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) (Title I2) - this is the one you have been told you are not eligible for.  If your disability began after your eligibility for these benefits are expired, you are out of luck. Supplemental Security Income (SSI) (Title 16) - you may be eligible for this disability benefit if you meet the "asset requirements." Contact or go to your local office to determine if you are eligible.  

5.0/5.0
Answered on Apr 11th, 2013 at 4:39 PM
If your date last insured "DLI" has expired then you will not qualify for Title II disability but only for lesser paying Title XVI SSI.