My uncle past away about 4 years ago, my aunt wishes to claim SS survivor benifits. Aunt lives outside country and govt won't help. What can she do?

Asked on Apr 22nd, 2013 on Social Security - California
More details to this question:
My aunts children have tried getting a passport for her, they are natural born US citizens. My aunt had trouble in the past with immigration. Her children were told by social security administration that she needs to be in the country. Do they need a lawyer?
Report Abuse
Answered on May 05th, 2013 at 1:32 PM
In the situation you describe, an attorney may be a wise choice.  Go to the top of this page and choose "Find a Lawyer" for someone nearby.  This link may provide helpful information from SSA's website about applying for Social Security Survivor Benefits. Unfortunately, these benefits can not be applied for online.

No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters