Is payments for Soc Sec. Disability taxable?

Asked on Apr 06th, 2013 on Social Security Disability - Ohio
N/A
Answered on Apr 19th, 2013 at 3:42 PM
This is what it says in answer to that question on SSA’s website http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10024.html:      Some people who get Social Security will have to pay taxes on their benefits. Less than one-third of our current beneficiaries pay taxes on their benefits.       You will have to pay taxes on your benefits if you file a federal tax return as an “individual” and your total income is more than $25,000. If you file a joint return, you will have to pay taxes if you and your spouse have a total income that is more than $32,000.      For more information call the Internal Revenue Service’s toll-free number, 1-800-829-3676. For a more complete article see  Are My Social Security Disability Benefits Taxable? on my website.

5.0/5.0
Answered on Apr 11th, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Generally speaking, yes.