is my daughter eligable for SSI

Asked on May 28th, 2013 on Social Security Disability - Florida
My child is 9 years old and was recently diagnosed as being legally blind. With corrective lenses she sees
Answered on Jun 01st, 2013 at 8:39 PM
There are a variety of elements in the Listing for Childhood visual disorders including "visual fields as described in Listing 102.00 for Children:  http://www.socialsecurity.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/102.00-SpecialSensesandSpeech-Childhood.htm   An attorney that practices Social Security Disability law in Florida can tell you precisely with your daughter's medical records whether or not she may receive disability benefits from SSA.  In my experience, children's cases are never easy. She is very young to be facing such a challenge. I wish you both the best.  

Answered on May 30th, 2013 at 4:33 PM
The way I understand it, being "legally blind" means that even with the lenses you still can't see any better than like 20/200.  How well does she see with glasses?  That is what counts.