Is it legal for government housing to charge me rent if my only income is my 4 year old autistic son's disability check?

Asked on Apr 26th, 2013 on Social Security Disability - Illinois
More details to this question:
Report Abuse
Answered on May 01st, 2013 at 4:53 PM
First, the money is your son's ... it is not your "income."  If the funds are used to benefit him, that is to provide him housing, I don't think this is a problem.  I do not believe that it is illegal if the rent is greater than his benefit check. Because you live in Illinois, you will want to speak to a local attorney.  Click the picture of the house above (next  to "Find a Lawyer") to find an attorney that can help.  Your type of law is "Residential Real Estate.

No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters