I''m trying to find out how with devorced couples. I''m divorced after a thirty year marriage. I want to collect my x-husband s.s. as his is

Asked on Jul 27th, 2011 on Social Security - Florida
More details to this question:
much larger than mine. and I would like to know if I would be able to collect his if he passed away. social security gives me a different ans. every time I ask.
Report Abuse
Answered on Aug 18th, 2011 at 10:32 AM
It sounds like you need to see an attorney or financial planner experienced in this area.  Answers to questions from faceless individuals on the phone can be wrong and can vary from person to person as you have indicated.  This topic was recently addressed very well in a blog post by Charles Hall. More information would be important to answer the question: your age, his age, is he drawing SS retirement or disability right now, are you disabled.  I recommend you find an attorney or financial planner where you live that can answer your questions.

No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters