If everyone pays social security from the day they start working....and the government is supposed to invest that money for my retirement.......

Asked on Feb 29th, 2012 on Social Security - New Mexico
If that is true....then who is stealing (spending) my money...since social security is in trouble ..... Can anyone be sued?
Answered on Mar 13th, 2012 at 7:46 PM
It is a political "hot button" issue. The money goes into a SS Trust Fund.  To run the country, Congress authorizes loans from the Trust Fund to pay what is necessary to run the country. The problem is that Congress borrows but never pays back. The "trouble" is that the projections that the SS Trust will be bankrupt and unable to meet its obligations.  Those estimates continue to get closer. Yours is a great question to ask both of your U.S. Senators and your Representative in Congress.  You can write the same question to each of them - let me know what they say!  Click here and here for links to your representatives.  Good luck, and vote in the next election!  It's important.  Too many people don't and issues like this are at stake. ... and no, you can't sue anyone.