If a person is on VA disability compensation. Can they draw social security for spina bifida and have not worker for over 10 years?

Asked on Sep 22nd, 2011 on Social Security Disability - Iowa
More details to this question:
Report Abuse
Answered on Apr 15th, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Perhaps. The only sure way to know is to apply. It may be a very difficult case because of no work in 10 years, but it can be done. You will probably need legal help. If you are successful, your benefits will only be retroactive to 12 months before the Social Security Disability Application, so it would be good to apply soon if you choose to do so at PLEASE NOTE that an in person consultation is always best when you have a legal problem. DO NOT RELY on information for a legal remedy without having contacted a lawyer. Facts and circumstances of every case have to be applied to the law that is relevant for the state or location in question. NEVER rest on a right or defense you may have. Legal rights are not like wine - they don't improve with age or time. Time limits can completely prohibit recovery. SEEK LEGAL ADVICE IMMEDIATELY. Be sure to visit my website for answers to other Social Security Disability questions.  

No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters