Iam having a problems with the use of my hands and legs i cant stop working because this is the only income for me the layers say i have to be off

Asked on Sep 25th, 2011 on Social Security Disability - Georgia
More details to this question:
work for 12 mo. i cant be off i will lose every thing i have be out doors can any one help me please
Report Abuse
Answered on Oct 01st, 2011 at 7:36 PM
If you are working when you apply for disability, the Social Security Administration (SSA) will deny your claim and not even get to the medical question about your disability. SSA defines disability as follows " ... an individual shall be considered to be disabled for purposes of this title if he is unable to engage in any substantial gainful activity by reason of any medically determinable physical or mental impairment which can be expected to result in death or which has lasted or can be expected to last for a continuous period of not less than twelve months."  You do not have to be off work and disabled 12 months before you apply for disability.  The SSA definition of disability also states that it: ... is based on your inability to work. We consider you disabled under Social Security rules if:   You cannot do work that you did before; We decide that you cannot adjust to other work because of your medical condition(s); and Your disability has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.   Find a lawyer in your area that is willing to work with you before you stop working and before you apply.  It is going to be tough, so you must have this planned out very carefully.  Family, friends, church, charitable groups, county and state services - these are all resources that you need to contact and ask for help in your situation, explaining that you hope that it is not a permanent request. If finding a local attorney doesn't work out, you can apply on your own online or go to your local office and apply.  Good luck to you.    

No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters