I was denied at appeal council now what

Asked on Apr 08th, 2013 on Social Security Disability - Illinois
More details to this question:
Report Abuse
Answered on Apr 18th, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Time is not on your side.  Sixty (60) days from the date of the decision, if you wish to appeal, you must file in Federal District Court.  If you don't have a lawyer, and want to appeal, you better start looking. An issue that is important is "date last insured."  The ALJ put that date in the decision after your hearing.  If that date is in the future, a new application may be the correct route.   A new application can be filed even if you do file the Federal Court action. A consultation with an experienced attorney would be recommended at this point.   If you have not had an attorney until now, you should meet with one. makes this easy with this website should reveal Illinois attorneys that handle Social Security Disability.  Be sure to review this excellent article

No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse
no client reviews
AV Preeminent
Answered on Apr 12th, 2013 at 8:42 AM
You can either proceed to federal court for further appeal or you may start a new claim with SSA.  Which way to proceed depends upon the facts of you individual claim.  You have deadlines running either way.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters