I live with this women name Joan serrano she took 3 months of my ssdi as my legal representative but she didnt give me no money what can i do?

Asked on Mar 21st, 2012 on Social Security Disability - Coahuila
More details to this question:
she use all my money for her needs while i was starving and no clothes and she was neglected my needs is there anything that can be done? social security is investigating her but can''t get in contact with her can you help?
Report Abuse
Answered on Apr 07th, 2012 at 1:03 PM
If you have not already done so, get a new Payee and move. Representative Payees have an important job for someone that receives benefits from the Social Security Administration (SSA). According to the SSA website: Social Security's Representative Payment Program provides financial management for the Social Security and SSI payments of our beneficiaries who are incapable of managing their Social Security or SSI payments. Generally, we look for family or friends to serve in this capacity. When friends and family are not able to serve as payee, Social Security looks for qualified organizations to be a representative payee. The facts as you describe them do not sound like proper "financial management." It is my hope that you now have a Payee that understands what the fiduciary duty of a Payee is: Using benefits to pay for the current and foreseeable needs of the beneficiaries; appropriately saving any remaining benefits; and keeping good records of how you spend the benefits. Let the investigative branch of the SSA do their job, and they will get your money back. It will not be near fast enough for you, but they are very good, and will get the job done.

No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters