I just found out that my social security card was the same as the other girl. And they request that I change mine. Can I sue the Social Security Admin

Asked on Oct 25th, 2011 on Social Security - New York
More details to this question:
Report Abuse
Answered on Oct 31st, 2011 at 10:01 PM
Not all mistakes permit suit to be filed.  This mistake, though very personal to you, and very inconvenient, in my opinion, would not result favorably for you if you sued the SSA.  The SSA is a governmental agency that has immunity from such suits.

No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters