i have kidney cancer and in sept 2010 i was treated for colom cancer ,and i also have fungus infection in my lung.do i quailfy for ss disability,

Asked on Mar 08th, 2012 on Social Security Disability - Oregon
i also have diabetes.i have my medical records confirming my medical condition.the kidney is going to be removed,around may or june of this year.
Answered on Mar 13th, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Do not delay.  Apply.  Submit copies of what records you have and give a complete list of doctors and hospitals to SSA and they will obtain them for you. You can apply in person, by phone, or online.  If you are denied, seek competent counsel by going to this link and finding someone near you.  Hire counsel now if you feel uncomfortable proceeding alone or due to your health are not up to the task. I am sorry for the many health challenges you face, and strongly encourage you to pursue this claim.