I got pregnant and the baby daddy died before he was born,how could I get a DNA test done?Nobody in the family want to help with DNA.My son is 3 and I

Asked on Mar 06th, 2012 on Social Security Disability - Florida
More details to this question:
tried everything.Social Services said that my son should be getting Death benefits.I called SSD,and they said they cant do anything.There is another child that is 6 but he lived with the Daddy of my son.
Report Abuse
Answered on Apr 06th, 2012 at 12:36 PM
New and revised info for this answer - There is a case pending right now before the U.S. Supreme Court that may have some bearing on your case.  It is Astrue v. Capato.  The Court heard oral arguments in mid-March ... a decision should be issued by June 2012. If you go to this link you can locate an experienced professional in your location, or at least in your state.  If this doesn't work, I strongly recommend Legal Aid or the legal clinic of a Law School in your area or State. Do not give up hope.  There are other methods that can be used.  I once successfully represented a mother of three children and used verified statements from deceased's mother, mother of children, friends, and relatives of the father.  We did not have or use DNA,   It is not the only way. Keep hope alive!

No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters