i am desabled , why has SS denied me desability funds? applyed for SSi and was excepted I am separated due to being abused for 28 years why was denied

Asked on May 29th, 2012 on Social Security Disability - New Jersey
More details to this question:
ssdi? and excepted ssi ? of 725$ a month not nearly enough to pay my rent what do I do for more financial help?
Report Abuse
Answered on Jun 13th, 2012 at 8:14 PM
As to your question about "more financial help" the answer is not likely with the Social Security Administration.  I would suggest reviewing this website: SSI is Supplemental Security Income.  It is a "needs based" program and assets and Social Security Disability Benefits directly impact whether or not you will receive SSI. If I understand your question correctly, you are receiving $725/month in disability payments from the Social Security Administration (SSA).  If so, this amount is greater than the amount that a person receiving SSI can receive, and thus, you are not eligible for SSI.  The maximum amount in 2012 is $698/month for an individual. To find an attorney in your area that handles Social Security Disability law, go to and click the State in which you live.  PLEASE NOTE that an in person consultation is always best when you have a legal problem. DO NOT RELY on information for a legal remedy without having contacted a lawyer. Facts and circumstances of every case have to be applied to the law that is relevant for the state or location in question. NEVER rest on a right or defense you may have. Legal rights are not like wine - they don't improve with age or time. Time limits can completely prohibit recovery. SEEK LEGAL ADVICE IMMEDIATELY. Be sure to visit my website for answers to other Social Security Disability questions. 

No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse
Answered on May 29th, 2012 at 7:41 PM
I'm not really sure of your question based on the information supplied.  If you are disable, you are entitled to Social Security Disability.  You could also be eligible for Supplemental Security Income or SSI if your income is very low.  You may also be eligible for housing assistance, or depending on where you are living, entitled to an increase in benefits.  SSI may be taking into account your living situation - are you renting or sharing a place with another person?  You need to speak to the Board of Social Services in the County in which you live. 

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters