how do i go about getting my ssi benefits reinstated after they were stopped ?

Asked on Jul 18th, 2015 on Social Security Disability - Virginia
N/A
Answered on Aug 14th, 2015 at 7:02 AM
If you can appeal within 10 days of the written decision, you can request a waiver of the implementation, and have your benefits continue during the appeal process. You should appeal the written decision within 60 days.  If it has been more than 60 days, an appeal with a justification for why there was a delay may be allowed.  Appearing in person at your local office would be the best thing in my opinion.  To find your local office, use this link https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp 

Answered on Aug 04th, 2015 at 7:45 PM
You file with Social Security. You must have the support of your treating doctor.

This response is meant to be information only and should not be considered to be legal advice or the formation of an attorney client relationship.