how do i get a withdraw form from a law office?

Asked on Apr 11th, 2012 on Social Security Disability - Texas
More details to this question:
I''m trying to get a withdraw form from my lawyer but his receptionoat keep telling me different stories about my lawyer the reason why i want to switch lawyers is because he does not let me know what status of case is and resheadules my hearing and doesn''t let me know,when i go to hearing the judge says your lawyer resheaduled the hearing which happened two appointments but didn''t notify me so i asked the receptionoat what happened she said the first time my lawyers mom was in hospital and second time she said my lawyers child was in hospital so bassically lawyer has poor communication with clients and also the judge said she never heard of disability lawyer peter viles from houston before so that made me very angry. my lawyer keeps postponing my withdraw letter so i can look for diffent lawyer what do i do
Report Abuse
Answered on Apr 11th, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Not everyone that handles Disability cases is a lawyer, and the rules of the Social Security Administration allow that.  Contact the State Bar Association to make sure that he is a lawyer. You know that repeated phone calls do not work.  Have you written a letter?  In the letter, state that you are unhappy and that you do not want him as your lawyer any more.  Give him a deadline of ten days, for example if you write the letter on April 12, state "Please provide your written reply on or before April 22, 2012."   Make two copies of your letter and hand deliver the letter to the receptionist.  Have her sign and put the date and time that she received the letter and return it to you.  You will now have a copy and a copy that will be a receipt. I hope this stimulates the action that you seek.  Good luck.

No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters