How can a disabled person get a replacement SS card without visiting the SS office?

Asked on Feb 18th, 2014 on Social Security - New York
More details to this question:
My mother is 80 y old, speech-hearing impaired. She has visited the SS office twice to get her SS# updated and apply for benefits. Now she needs a replacement card and a copy of the letter of denial of benefits for the Medicaid office. Is there any other way of obtaining this other than having her travel to the office and sit there for hours?
Report Abuse
Answered on Feb 28th, 2014 at 9:14 PM
The following information is on the website at social security  You can replace your Social Security card for free if it is lost or stolen. However, you may not need to get a replacement card. Knowing your Social Security number is what is important. You need a Social Security number to get a job, collect Social Security benefits and receive some government services but you do not often need to show your Social Security card. If you decide that a card is necessary, go to this link  The Social Security Administration has set forth simple, detailed instructions to follow.  Any originals that you submit by mail will be returned. PLEASE NOTE the following: An attorney-client relationship is not being established because of the information provided above; an in person consultation is always best when you have a legal problem; DO NOT RELY on information for a legal remedy without having contacted a lawyer; facts and circumstances of every case have to be applied to the law that is relevant for the state or location in question; NEVER rest on a right or defense you may have - legal rights are not like wine - they don't improve with age or time time limits can completely prohibit recovery; TO SEEK LEGAL ADVICE IMMEDIATELY go to to find someone in your state.  Be sure to visit my website for answers to other Social Security Disability questions.  

No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters