Does the ADA apply to those who have had their wheelchair broken, and injuries occurred because the responsible party waited a month to fix it?

Asked on Aug 08th, 2016 on Social Security Disability - Minnesota
My electric wheelchair was damaged by a faulty elevator door at the Doubletree Hilton in Bloomington, MN. The supervisor assigned to my case didn't do anything for 3 weeks. It took another full week with a different supervisor to authorize repairs and get them done, so I could use it again. During this time, I had a significant loss of functioning below my waist, and the pain was so bad, I had to be treated with steroids. I've been off work for 3 weeks. Did the hotel violate my rights in waiting for an entire month before they fixed my chair? They took away my primary mode of functioning outside of my apartment, and I was injured because of it. The pain and suffering has been severe. I know this is not a Social Security issue. The law area did not have a selection for disability or ADA law.
Answered on Aug 10th, 2016 at 4:23 AM
I  agree.  This is not a Social Security Disabilty issue.  My suggestion is to ask it in the personal injury area of  law.