disability claim

Asked on May 21st, 2013 on Social Security Disability - Western Australia
I have filed a disability claim (Social Security) but was denied because I am still working. Should I try to file again? Thank you
Answered on May 21st, 2013 at 9:22 PM
If you have not changed your work habits and earnings, an appeal will yield the same result. The first level of inquiry is whether or not you are working at substantial gainful activity.  From the SSA website:  To be eligible for disability benefits, a person must be unable to engage in substantial gainful activity (SGA). A person who is earning more than a certain monthly amount (net of impairment-related work expenses) is ordinarily considered to be engaging in SGA. The amount of monthly earnings considered as SGA depends on the nature of a person's disability. The Social Security Act specifies a higher SGA amount for statutorily blind individuals; Federal regulations specify a lower SGA amount for non-blind individuals. Both SGA amounts generally change with changes in the national average wage index.  http://goo.gl/4zv5B