Disability claim

Asked on Apr 24th, 2013 on Social Security Disability - Morelos
I had an accident in 2005, breaking some bone in my foot and shattering my heel. I have had physical jobs my hole life and have been a maintenance mechanic for the last 13+ years and on my feet for 8+ hours which can be very painful. My doctor does not think I should be on disability. Do I need a doctors authorization to file a claim?
Answered on Apr 24th, 2013 at 4:31 PM
You do not need his authorization to file the claim.  However, without her or his cooperation it will make it tougher. Just because you can't do your old jobs doesn't mean SSA will approve you.  A sit  down job may be what you need to look for or work with your State Vocational Rehabilitation service to find one. Of course, you can always apply for disability.  You don't need "approval" of the doctor to do so.