Can Social Security stop you from working

Asked on Jul 17th, 2015 on Social Security Disability - Western Australia
I take SSDI and for a while i was trying to work. Then I went back to school and sometimes I looked for work but I am having problems finding it. I had problems dealing with DVR and such programs, and I found them hard to work with. SS won't talk to me about it, but I want to find work and get off of SSDI!!!
Answered on Aug 14th, 2015 at 7:13 AM
I applaud you for your goal and want you to achieve it. First, thoroughly review http://www.socialsecurity.gov/disabilityresearch/workincentives.htm  You must realize that cooperating with authorities is critical to your success in achieving your work goal. Working within the system can optimize not only working, but your receipt of benefits while working.  It is essential to report any work activity to SSA as required. Hang in there!  The process seems to grind against you, but you have to go with the flow.