can i win a case with planter fagiitis

Asked on Jun 19th, 2013 on Social Security Disability - California
my feet really hurt and I walk funny and its effecting my knees. I don't have insurance and I cant work.I've already talk to a lawyer at berry and associate and waiting for them to see if they'll take my case. Do they take cases for feet?
Answered on Jun 22nd, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Boy, you have a tough case.  I can appreciate your problem because feet are necessary for walking and standing, and if your job requires that, you may not  be able to do your job.  However, your condition, plantar fascitis, normally is not permanent and with treatment is resolved within one year. The definition of disability “inability to engage in any substantial gainful activity by reason of any medically determinable physical or mental impairment which can be expected to result in death or has lasted or can be expected to last for a continuous period of not less than 12 months.”  If you can do a sit down job, you are not disabled for Social Security purposes. Find a free or reduced fee clinic and I hope your condition improves soon.