can i hire you if i have another attorney to fight for my disability if i have another attorny for my workers com?

Asked on May 06th, 2013 on Social Security Disability - Oklahoma
the other attorney has been on that case since january and is asking for an extension,seems like a long time to me. he has said he could not work on the disability until this is completed, I am totaled without funds, living with family for support and trying to get medical from dhs,before this i worked some times a 60 hour week before i had the accident,please advise what i can do.
Answered on May 06th, 2013 at 5:26 PM
"(h)e ... could not work on the disability until this is completed ... " is what the work comp attorney has advised you.  Have you hired the work comp attorney to do the Social Security Disability case?  Because the topic has come up, you want to make sure that you have not signed anything that would put you in the position of having two attorneys on your Social Security Disability case. It is perfectly fine to have an attorney for work comp and another for Social Security Disability.  There is no requirement that the Work Comp claim be completed before the claim with SSA is filed for disability.  As a matter of courtesy, advise the work comp attorney of your intentions so that the two claims can be coordinated between the two attorneys.

5.0/5.0
Answered on May 06th, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Yes you can one attorney for your SSA claim and another attonrey for your work comp claim.