can I go on husbands ssd

Asked on Jul 23rd, 2015 on Social Security Disability - Arizona
I am a disabled person NOT on disability and cant work. Going through a divorce. My lawyer says I can get on my husbands ssd since my work history is spotty. Do I need to see a Social security lawyer BEFORE going further with my divorce attorney?
Answered on Aug 14th, 2015 at 8:33 AM
If  medical records support conditions that you are disabled, you can apply for disability with the Social Security Administration.  You can move forward with your disablity applcation  You can apply in person, by phone (1-800-772-1213), or online.  If you are denied, seek competent counsel by going to this link and finding someone near you.  Hire counsel now if you feel uncomfortable proceeding alone or due to your health are not up to the task. Submit copies of what records you already have.  Give a complete list to SSA of your health care providders, clinics and hospitals and SSA will obtain them for you.