Can I get SSDI if I have side effects from chemotherapy, i.e. neuropathy in my hands and feet, and pain in my chest and arm from a double mastectomy.

Asked on May 07th, 2013 on Social Security Disability - Pennsylvania
I have really bad neuropathy in my feet and hands. I currently take Neurontin at a high dosage, but still have alot of pain and tingling. I also have pain from a double mastectomy from 5 years ago and have pain from Lymphedema in my left arm. I am unable to do the same job I had when I was diagnosed, unable to type, or stand for long periods of time. I have had 3 full-time jobs since them and had to quit due to the pain. The pain was causing me to make mistakes, and I had trouble concentrating. I also have sleep apnea and wear a CPAP, have clinical depression, but haven't seen a psychiatrist or psychologist for 5 years, and anxiety.
Answered on May 08th, 2013 at 12:19 PM
If the medical records support the conditions as you describe,apply for disability with the Social Security Administration.  SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance) benefits are available if you have 20 quarters of coverage out of the previous 40 quarters before you became disabled.   Submit copies of what records you already have and give a complete list to SSA and they will obtain them for you.   You can apply in person, by phone, or online.  If you are denied, seek competent counsel by going to this link and finding someone near you.  Hire counsel now if you feel uncomfortable proceeding alone or due to your health are not up to the task.   I am sorry for the many health challenges you face.