can I get disability payments if I have not worked in three years?

Asked on Jun 01st, 2013 on Social Security Disability - Texas
I cannot drive due to aspergers. I have not been diagnosed, but am going to the doctor this week. The longest job I've had was a year long, and I have not been able to work in three years. Can I still get disability payments. I was making 7.50/hour at my last job.
Answered on Jun 01st, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Maybe. Thanks to updates on Social Security's website, you can obtain your "Social Security Statement" online utilizing the "my Social Security online account.  You will:      Use a "my Social Security" online account to get your Social Security Statement, to review: Estimates of your retirement, disability, and survivors benefits; Your earnings record; and The estimated Social Security and Medicare taxes you’ve paid. To do so, SSA says "To create an account, you must provide some personal information about yourself and give us answers to some questions that only you are likely to know. Next, you create a username and password that you will use to access your online account. This process protects you and keeps your personal Social Security information private." To create the account, go to: https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do When you are done, at the top of page two you will be able to see if you are eligible.