I was evicted from a residence from a dwelling to which the owner of the house was in a nursing/rehab facility.

Asked on Feb 28th, 2019 on Landlord and Tenant Law - Florida
The siblings who inherited after the owner passed were extremely hostile (although the motivations are no longer lost on me), I was given a notice to leave the premises immediately (no set eviction date), so I had asked for a standard 30 days to relocate and was continuously denied. I was then ousted after a Writ of Possession. Everyone says I no longer had the right to my personal belongings. But there was no agreement of any kind that would shield them from these statues. The eviction was outright discriminatory. Complete with time and money wasting runaround harassment, constant derogatory statements about my personal, financial, and professional life including continued condescending and insulting remarks pertaining to my religious affiliation. They kept, sold, gave away (allowing anyone except me to pick through a dumpster in the driveway!), threw away and/or destroyed virtually everything I had owned, including a car and motorcycle. Surely there must be some recourse here.
Answered on Mar 15th, 2019 at 11:24 AM
If you were evicted with a writ of possession, the landlord has immunity for anything left behind when the Sheriff kicks you to the curb and you are not allowed back on the premises absent risking criminal tresspass. That you waitied until the Sheriff executed the writ, rather than taking advanatge of the time you had to get out and secure your things was foolish and now you see why. Fla. Stat. 83.62 addresses this directly. 

All responses are NOT to be considered legal advice nor to be relied upon in any as such nor to establish any form of attorney/client relationship. Opinions expressed are solely informational and not a substitute for proper legal advice provided by a properly retained after thoroughly researching the issues presented.