What should I do if suing a mechanic for taking too long to finish the job?

Asked on Apr 24th, 2015 on Personal Injury - Alabama
More details to this question:
I had gotten into an accident in August 2012. I took the car to a mechanic in December 1st. After disputing with the insurance company for a few months, they decided that the insurance would not pay for the accident because I wasn't on the insurance. The mechanic quoted me at $2500 for the repairs. The frame was bent and I paid him the first $1000 to get it started. I paid him another $1000 and he continued to not work fast. He told me to bring the last $500 when I pick it up. I have talked to him and my car is still in the same spot.
Report Abuse
Answered on Apr 29th, 2015 at 8:29 AM
You would have to go to Small Claims or District Court, depending on the amount of money sued for. You will probably need another mechanic to look at the car and tell you how much it is going to cost to finish it. You would sue the mechanic for the cost to finish minus the $500 you haven't paid him yet. Consider consulting a lawyer. Good luck.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters