What should I do if I was rear ended by someone?

Asked on Jun 17th, 2011 on Automobile Accidents - Florida
I was rear ended by a drunk driver in a toll plaza and he fled. I did not get his license plate number. What can I do?
Answered on Jun 20th, 2011 at 3:00 PM
If you have uninsured motorist coverage on your car insurance policy, you are entitled to make a claim for the damages caused by the "phantom vehicle." With uninsured motorist coverage, you are able to proceed as you could with any car accident claim for your personal injuries and other damages. It is important that you get the assistance of an experienced personal injury attorney as there are different forms your insurance company was required to have you sign, should they claim you did not have such uninsured motorist coverage.

Answered on Jun 20th, 2011 at 11:56 AM
First, report it to you insurance company, since you will have to get your car fixed through your own insurance, if you carried collision insurance on your car. Secondly, if you were injured in the accident, you can make a claim for personal injuries through the uninsured motorists insurance on your car, if you carried UM insurance. Your insurance policy requires you to promptly notify them of any accident, so hopefully you will already have done that.

Answered on Jun 20th, 2011 at 11:43 AM
You first should make sure the police are notified and complete an accident report. You then need to call your insurance company and let them know. Do you have any physical injuries? If so, you should go to hospital, walk in medical clinic or your primary care physician.

• 4.9/5.0
  • 0
  • 1
Answered on Jun 20th, 2011 at 11:41 AM
File a UM claim if you have coverage.