What are most settlements average with only $5,000 in medical bills with bodily injury uninsured motorist?

Asked on Jun 12th, 2013 on Personal Injury - Wisconsin
No fault.
  • 0/5.0
  • 100%
Answered on Jun 14th, 2013 at 11:54 AM
That question is impossible to answer without a lot more facts. There is no "average" amount of settlement, and in order to determine APPROXIMATELY what your case is worth, an attorney would have to know the precise nature and extend of the injuries, what kind of treatment you had, what was the doctor's opinion as to your prognosis, the possibility of your needing treatment in the future, whether any of your injuries will be permanent, and a lot more facts.

Answered on Jun 13th, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Unfortunately, I will need some more information before I can assist in answering this question.

Answered on Jun 13th, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Your case is worth what you are able to prove to a jury. There is a difference between the value of the injuries and the value of the case. That is due to the fact that the defendant can usually create some sort of a defense, which if believed by the jury will result in you losing your case. So, a discount is required, based upon the strength of the defense. Now, at trial, the jury may believe the defendant's position and give you nothing, or it may believe you, and give you a lot. Settlement is at an amount which is more than the defendant wants to pay, and less than you want to receive, but which amount is certain. 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

Answered on Jun 13th, 2013 at 12:57 PM
I know of no statistics that keep up with that. Case values vary widely from circumstance to circumstance and from place to place. You probably should consult a personal injury lawyer in your area.

Answered on Jun 13th, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Around $15,000, but need more facts to make this determination.

PW
Paul L. Whitfield
  • 4.4/5.0
  • 100%
  • 1
4.4/5.0
100%
1 client review
Answered on Jun 13th, 2013 at 10:33 AM
There are a couple of companies who say they keep averages but they scour only a small part of the industry. I don't know the answer to your question. I am not sure anyone does. Settlements depend on how the collision occurred, what property damage was done, what injuries occurred, what the dr b ills amount to, what the doctors say, whether there is any wage loss, whether there is any permanency? Any future medical care? etc etc etc. a lot of stuff. Do the best you can with the fuyll knowledge that the insurance company does not want to do what is right or fair. They will take advantage of everyone they can. they are in business to make money, not help people.

Answered on Jun 12th, 2013 at 11:56 PM
The damages suffered by a person injured in an auto accident do not always equate to the bills. An evaluation of your potential claim would depend on a number of factors, such as the nature of the injuries you suffered, how badly the injuries affected your daily activities, whether the injuries will be permanent, and, if so, how many years are you expected to live, and how your injuries will affect you for the rest of your life.

• 0/5.0
  • 0
Answered on Jun 12th, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Depends greatly on many factors. You should consult with a personal injury attorney and review the medical records together.