I inherited a pension plan can I receive it in full I was told I would have to go into Litigation by the lawyer that handle my mother will

Asked on Mar 13th, 2019 on Litigation - Florida
I inherited a pension plan can I receive it in full I was told I would have to go into Litigation by the lawyer that handle my mother will, when I called pension company they said there is no amount and that I would receive 2,140 until I die
  • 0/5.0
  • 0
Answered on Mar 14th, 2019 at 1:15 PM
The answer to your question depends on what the pension agreement provides.  Does it have a lump sum option?  If so, can the beneficiary (you) ehoose that option, or was it something the pension recipient (you mother) would have had to choose?  Assuming that you can opt for a lump sum payout, what are the requirements, and what amount will you receive?  The answers are in the pension plan documents.  If you don't have them, ask for them from the pension plan.