Unemployment told me I could work and still claim , now they say I owe the $6000. Dollars

Asked on Mar 14th, 2019 on Labor and Employment - New York
They attach to everything I get from my taxes and claims of unemployment ! What can I do ?
Answered on Mar 18th, 2019 at 6:30 AM
No one told you that you could work and claim unemployment.  What is happening sounds right.  Be glad you were not arrested for making a false claim and it is only a civil matter.

Answered on Mar 15th, 2019 at 5:13 AM
Did you report all your earnings to Labor? If you were self employed and did not inform DOL that you were intending to start your own business BEFORE you made a claim that's a problem. No one at the DOL gives legal advice even to me. Only attorneys can do that. Retain an employment lawyer if you have a defense!!!! 

The foregoing is not legal advice. There is no lawyer client relationship. Potential client understands that many more facts may need to be reviewed before any employment lawyer can suggest a course of action which a potential client might follow. Statutes of Limitation may be as short as 90 days, 300 days, 1 year or sometimes 3. Lawyers can almost never help someone who has missed a filing deadline. Lawyer client relationships begin when a written confirmation, often signed by potential client then lawyer, is formalized. No current or former employee should ever post negative comments or identify employers or supervisors by name on a public forum. A telephone call made by a potential client to a possible counselor at law is highly recommended when someone believes they may have a viable employment law claim. URBA LAW PLLC, New York.