2 supervisors were told that our rate was lower due to our discipline but another sup of some discipline got the same as others. Is this legal

Asked on Dec 05th, 2018 on Labor and Employment - New Jersey
I am an OT supervisor for a homecare company. Me and another OT recently got an increase but were told that OT sups were being looked at differently than PTs but I just found out that the only other OT supervisor got the same increase as a PT. Is this discrimination and do we have a case?
Answered on Dec 06th, 2018 at 7:06 AM
Discrimination generally occurs when one protected group is treated less favorably than another similarly situated group. Protections from discrimination range from age, disability, race, sex, and so on. Your question raises equal pay issues, but it's not clear if there's a disparity in pay because one protected group is being treated better or worse than another. The question also suggests all supervisors are being paid the same, so the likelihood of discrimination, or having case, is unlikely.

This is not legal advice, a guarantee of any result or communicated as part of an attorney-client relationship.