Will I be deported if I have no legal status?

Asked on Jul 25th, 2011 on Immigration - California
I recently got a summons, although I have no legal status. When I get to the judge and truthfully say no legal status, will I get deported or detained to be deported? I have 2 kids, and need advice so they will be prepared.
Answered on Aug 03rd, 2011 at 5:04 AM
It depends on the exact criminal charge and if your city/county police agency has an agreement with ICE, such as the Secure Communities fingerprint sharing program. Consult with an immigration attorney that is experienced with the immigration consequences of criminal arrest, charges and convictions.

• 0/5.0
  • 0
0 recommendation
1 client review
Answered on Aug 02nd, 2011 at 8:23 AM
It is unclear as to what summons you have received. If you are charged with a crime, depending on the county you live, Immigration authority may or may not be aware of your case. If the county you live in has joined ICE Secure Community program, ICE may be alerted to your charges and it may hold you to start the removal proceedings. Please consult with immigration attorney for further advise.