Will I be able to vacation again in the US after I overstayed H1B visa less than 180 days?

Asked on Oct 04th, 2014 on Immigration - California
More details to this question:
I was told that after my H1B visa expires, I could stay in the US 180 days. I think this is wrong, but assuming that I overstay less than 180 days, that I have never worked illegally, that I move back to my country, and that I do not intend coming back to work under the H1B program ever again, will I still be able to vacation in the US at some point in the future? Before I had my H1B visa, I had a tourist visa that will not expire in another five years.

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters