What are the next steps for an I30?

Asked on Jul 27th, 2011 on Immigration - Florida
More details to this question:
I am illegal alien, I got married with a permanent resident, he just became a citizen. I had a I-130 approved. What is the next step we have to make?
1peer review
no client reviews
Answered on Aug 09th, 2011 at 1:20 PM
How did you enter the US? If you entered legally, then you file for residency. If you entered illegal, only if your petition was filed before 4/30/2001 can you file for residency here in the US otherwise you have to go to your native country to the US embassy, with the problem that you will need a waiver for remaining in the US illegally. Consult an attorney before taking action.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters