Naturalization: having home business (sole proprietorship). Form N-400 asks: are you employed? NO, YES. What is the right answer? - Lawyers.com

Naturalization: having home business (sole proprietorship). Form N-400 asks: are you employed? NO, YES. What is the right answer?

Asked on Mar 19th, 2019 on Immigration - Western Australia
My wife and I are currently living in USA, WA State on Green Cards. 5 years are passed and we are applying for citizenship. My wife has a home business (sole proprietorship). In the form N-400 there is a vague question: are you employed? NO, YES, name of employer. What is the correct answer in her case? NO or YES, with the name of her company?
Answered on Apr 14th, 2019 at 2:53 PM
 In the eyes of Immigration, you are employed even if you are just self-employed, and your wife should mark  the application "yes", and just say self-employed, or put down the name of the company at  your home address. Due to the limitations of the Lawyers.com Forums, Alan Lee, Esq.'s (the "Firm") participation in responding to questions posted herein does not constitute legal advice, nor legal representation of the person or entity posting a question. No Attorney/Client relationship is or shall be construed to be created hereby. The information provided herein by the Firm is general, and requires that the poster obtain specific legal advice from an attorney. The poster shall not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice nor as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence.