My husband was deported from the US from using a false passport he receive from somebody in a cartel to enter the US at the Age of 11

Asked on Oct 30th, 2018 on Immigration - Pennsylvania
More details to this question:
My husband was deported from the US In September 2018 from using a false passport he receive from somebody in a cartel to enter the US at the Age of 11 He didn’t know what he was doing he was just doing what he told to do by the people he has a gun case he was sentenced had time serve and sentenced on parole but they didn’t use that against him we are legally married and I would like to know how can I go about him coming back to the US I need him for support cause his paperwork show they charged him with the passport
Report Abuse
Answered on Nov 29th, 2018 at 3:21 PM
You did not disclose whether you yourself have any status in the U. S. Your husband would require some basis to present a case under which he could return. If you are a permanent resident or U. S. citizen, you could petition for him, and he would be refused and required to file an I-212 application (for the deportation) and an I-601 waiver of grounds of excludability for being in the U. S. illegally for over one year, and for the gun case as long as it did not qualify as an aggravated felony. Whether he is inadmissible for the false passport used at the age of 11 is highly questionable, especially as the State Department has taken a view that minors that young are not to be charged with fraud. Due to the limitations of the Forums, Alan Lee, Esq.'s (the "Firm") participation in responding to questions posted herein does not constitute legal advice, nor legal representation of the person or entity posting a question. No Attorney/Client relationship is or shall be construed to be created hereby. The information provided herein by the Firm is general, and requires that the poster obtain specific legal advice from an attorney. The poster shall not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice nor as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters