If I get married during 90 day visa, does spouse have to go back to her home country and wait for immigration to make a decision or can she stay here - Lawyers.com

If I get married during 90 day visa, does spouse have to go back to her home country and wait for immigration to make a decision or can she stay here

Asked on Mar 17th, 2019 on Immigration - Oregon
If she comes here on k-1 , we get married can she stay in UNited States until immigration makes a determination on whether they will grant her citizenship?
Answered on Apr 14th, 2019 at 2:57 PM
If your fiancée comes to the US on a K-1 visa and you marry within the 90 day period of time that you are supposed to, she can file for adjustment of status to permanent residence without leaving the US and wait for U.S.C.I.S. to make its determination while here. The application is for residence status, whether conditional or permanent, not citizenship.  Due to the limitations of the Lawyers.com Forums, Alan Lee, Esq.'s (the "Firm") participation in responding to questions posted herein does not constitute legal advice, nor legal representation of the person or entity posting a question. No Attorney/Client relationship is or shall be construed to be created hereby. The information provided herein by the Firm is general, and requires that the poster obtain specific legal advice from an attorney. The poster shall not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice nor as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence.