I got married recently with to an U.S citizen but she refused to fill the form-130 and left while I was about to file for my paperwork.what can I do? - Lawyers.com

I got married recently with to an U.S citizen but she refused to fill the form-130 and left while I was about to file for my paperwork.what can I do?

Asked on Mar 15th, 2019 on Immigration - Illinois
I got married recently to an U.S citizen but she refused to fill the form-130 and left while I was about to file for my paperwork.what can I do?
Answered on Apr 14th, 2019 at 2:49 PM
If your US citizen wife refuses to sponsor you for the green card, that is within her rights. You have no recourse with U.S.C.I.S. to force your wife to sponsor you. It may well be that she suspects that you married her just so that she could sponsor you for permanent residence. I note that some US citizens use the power that they have over the alien at this time like a baseball bat, which does not make for a good marriage. Marriage should be based upon trust. I suggest that you attempt to alleviate her concerns and otherwise discuss with her the reasons for her reluctance to sponsor you. If you do so and she is convinced of your love, she may then consent to sponsor you. Due to the limitations of the Lawyers.com Forums, Alan Lee, Esq.'s (the "Firm") participation in responding to questions posted herein does not constitute legal advice, nor legal representation of the person or entity posting a question. No Attorney/Client relationship is or shall be construed to be created hereby. The information provided herein by the Firm is general, and requires that the poster obtain specific legal advice from an attorney. The poster shall not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice nor as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence.