I found my made some small mistakes on filling my N400. My interview date will come soon. What should I do?

Asked on Feb 13th, 2019 on Immigration - California
More details to this question:
I just found I forgot to fill my 3 months part-time job experience on my N400, because it's very short time and earn very little money ($1020), but I did file this $1020 income on my tax-return in year 2013. So when the interview, should I tell the interview officer that I made this mistake and show my tax-return form to he/her?
Report Abuse
Answered on Mar 14th, 2019 at 5:56 PM
The mistakes that you describe are ones that can easily be amended at the time of the interview by informing an examiner of the need for correction on the form. In a naturalization interview, examiners will go over the entire form with you to ensure that the answers are correct. If by some chance he or she does not go over your working experience, you can inform the examiner before he or she moves on. Due to the limitations of the Forums, Alan Lee, Esq.'s (the "Firm") participation in responding to questions posted herein does not constitute legal advice, nor legal representation of the person or entity posting a question. No Attorney/Client relationship is or shall be construed to be created hereby. The information provided herein by the Firm is general, and requires that the poster obtain specific legal advice from an attorney. The poster shall not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice nor as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence.  

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters