How long will it take to get my husband to the United States?

Asked on Dec 19th, 2010 on Immigration - California
I am newly married with my husband. We got married in the Philippines after I went there for a vacation. I am a green card holder. I want to be with him here in USA. How long would it take? What is the fastest way to get him here? I have only lived here (in the USA) for 15 months.
Answered on Dec 22nd, 2010 at 11:43 AM
You want to file an I-130 immediately and we would be happy to assist you in this process. Contact me at the number below to get this started. This gives him a place in line to get a visa to immigrate. In December these cases were only taking a few months but in January the Visa Bulletin retrogresses by a couple of years. We are hopeful that in February there will be forward movement again. In the meantime you can also explore nonimmigrant options for him to be here while he is waiting for the immigrant visa queue to progress or you to become a U.S. citizen.

Answered on Dec 20th, 2010 at 5:58 PM
You should petition for him, and that would give him a priority date to wait for a visa to become available so he can come to the United States.

Answered on Dec 20th, 2010 at 4:28 PM
In the case of a Green Card holder petitioning their spouse from the Philippines it will take about 2 to 3 years years. It would be much quicker if you are US Citizen, but based on your email you are not eligible for Naturalization for another 3 1/2 years. While 2 to 3 years is a long time, it is important that you file the petition as soon as possible, The longer you wait just means the longer it will take your husband to immigrant to the U.S.